Dear Preschool Families-
This year more than ever, the funds raised throughout this school year from these fundraising activities will help our Preschool thrive. By supporting these efforts you will allow the Preschool to provide: scholarships, enrichment training for staff, and to make capital equipment improvements in the classrooms.
The First Presbyterian Church is a 501(c)(3) organization. We depend on your generosity to help fulfill our mission, and tax receipts will be provided for all donations. Thank you in advance for giving back!
Fundraising Co-Chairs, First Presbyterian Church Preschool Parent Board
One way to support the Preschool is through the Giving Tree. This year the Giving Tree is represented by our school logo, a Giraffe, which can be seen as you walk through the double doors to the classrooms on the second floor. The Giving Tree supports multiple facets of the school:
- Need-Based Scholarships
- Teacher Education – Sending two teachers annually to attend the NAEYC conference; supporting the teachers’ attendance at local speaking engagements and continuing education conferences.
- Capital Equipment – Funding large projects such as the playground and kitchen as well as smaller needs in the classroom such as bookshelves, chairs, and rugs.
Family Night Sleepunder
Bring the whole family for a night of fun! This year, we are hosting our annual Friday Night Family Sleepunder events. Children are encouraged to wear their pajamas to the event where they will eat pizza and watch a movie with their classmates. Afterwards, an ice cream social will be held for guests to mingle. We are hoping for 100% class participation this year, so don’t miss out. Sleepunders will be held on the following dates:
- The Fall Sleepunder for our Odyssey & Expedition families was on Friday, November 4. Thank you to all who participated!
- The Winter Sleepunder for our Explorers, Discovery and Adventure families will be on Friday, February 10, 2017.
- All Sleepunders will be held in Fellowship Hall from 6:00pm-7:30pm. We request a donation of $40 per family that you can bring to the event or pay online by using the donate button below.
Cocktail Party and Fundraiser
Thank you to the Bock family for hosting, and to the Fundraising committee and volunteers for putting on a wonderful evening of fundraising and community building!
Le Blowout Bar
Thank you to Michelle Gramza, former Preschool parent and proud owner of the new Le Blowout Bar for hosting a fundraising event for the Preschool!
Mention that you are with First Pres Preschool during the month of April and 10% of all revenue from Blowout and Blowout packages will be donated to the Preschool!
Make your appointment today! (847) 235-2539 or visit leblowoutbar.com
Other Ways to Contribute
Library book donations are welcome on an ongoing basis, year-round. New or gently used books are a great way to help the school and are a fun way to commemorate a birthday or special event.